If you are interested in going to the theatre, performing in the theatre, researching and writing about theatre memorabilia, or supporting live theatre in general, do think about joining us. We are a friendly, relaxed and approachable group. We try to have some fun as we work towards our goals.
You can join CTF as a full member, as a member of the archive group only, or contribute occasional help with a specific event or fund raising activity. If you are so inclined, you can contribute a 'talk' or 'performance' or 'activity' to one of our 'In Conversation' sessions.
One of our principal areas of endeavour is fundraising. To date, we have put on concerts, a fashion show, fun runs, quiz challenges and Xmas fairs.
The major effort we make every year is our Christmas raffle. We sell these tickets during the Pantomime season and we are always on the look out for extra volunteers to help us.
Fundraising – £46,000 has been secured in 8 years.
Heartfelt thanks to all who have contributed.
Where has the money gone?
Support for the Accessible Performance project
- Equipping the Audio Description Booth at the rear of the auditorium
- Dual channel headsets for audio-described perfomances and anhancement of general performances through the infra-red system
Technical equipment to improve stage settings
- electric winches, large screen, spotlights
Better facilities for theatregoers
- booster cushions for small children
- new tables and chairs / cups and mugs in the bar
- display frames; TV in foyer + DVD relay
Development of theatre archive
- 2 laptops, a printer, a laminating machine, storage cabinets and files, an audio recording machine
Please help with next steps -
Come to an ‘In Conversation’ talk
Look out for other CTF events
Buy a raffle ticket at the 2016 Panto
AND / OR
Telephone Mike Spriggs on 01246 233475
or contact Chesterfield Theatre Friends on Facebook